- An entire book as a Adobe Digital Editions document for 1-7 day loan period.
- In many cases, the simultaneous users per book is unlimited. There are also titles in the Ebsco database with 1-3 user access at a time. If there are user limitations, they are mentioned in Helka.
To download a book you need
- Adobe Digital Editions.
- An Adobe ID. You can create Adobe ID here.
- Ebsco user account. Please note that Helsinki University user account is different from Ebsco user account.
How to download a book onto your computer (PC)
- In Helka click the word "Online resource".
- In Ebsco site select "Download This eBook".
- If you haven't already, sign in to your personal Ebsco account.
- Select "Download This eBook"->"Checkout & Download".
- Once Adobe Digital Editions is installed, choose Open with Adobe Digital Editions.
- Loan period is 1-7 days.
- You can return the book by selecting "Return Item" (optional).
- After downloading you can read Ebsco e-books without network connection.